Caotina cake pops
The ‘on-trend’ cake. Unbelievably delicious and shamelessly good-looking – discover this Caotina cake pops recipe!
|of baking powder
|hazelnuts, finely chopped
|of dark chocolate icing
Cream the butter, sugar and salt until light and fluffy. Add the egg and continue beating.
Add the Caotina Classic, flour, hazelnuts and baking powder, and continue beating.
Fill one half of the prepared mould (the half without holes) with the mixture. Place the upper mould half on top and close.
Bake for 15-18 mins in the centre of an oven preheated to 180 degrees. Remove and leave to cool on a cooling tray.
Brittle: Toast the hazelnuts until light brown and remove from the pan. In the same pan, caramelise the sugar until light brown in colour. Add the nuts to the caramelised sugar, mix and leave to cool on a sheet of baking paper. Chop the brittle finely.
Melt the chocolate icing according to the instructions on the pack. Dip each cake pop stick approx. 2 cm into the icing. Then insert them into the cake balls and leave to harden. Dip each ball into the icing and let the excess drip off. Sprinkle with the brittle and leave to dry completely.
- Instead of brittle, you can decorate your cake pops with your favourite sugar decorations or gold spray.
- How to dry your cake pops: Place your cooling tray on top of two large egg boxes and then insert the cake pop sticks. Or stick your cake pops in a piece of polystyrene to dry.
- Instead of cake pop sticks, you can use cocktail sticks or drinking straws cut diagonally across the bottom.
- Storage: store in the fridge in an airtight container and consume within 1-2 days.
- Baked, undecorated cake pops can be kept for approx. 1 month if stored in an airtight container in the freezer. Remember to thaw completely before decorating.